Welcome to the Maldives, where sands are white as the smiles of the locals, where fish swim happily in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, where the weather is a dream, and the deep rays of the sun wait to engulf you their arms. In ancient times, the shores of the Maldives welcomed lost travelers. Still welcoming, these shores remain, providing a tranquil haven for visitors.
Best times to visit Maldives
When you ultimately plan to travel you should actually know the best time to visit Maldives. This trip to Maldives depends upon the seasonal climate and weather of Maldives.
Nevertheless, Maldives with its sugary white beaches, lush vegetation, pristine lagoons and serene Atolls, remain exotic and mysterious all the time.
But before you seek to know the best time to visit Maldives, you should know whether you prefer the warm and sunny summers or the cool and wet rainy seasons.
Climate of Maldives
To decide for the best time to visit Maldives, you should know the climate of the place. The climate of Maldives is tropical, which means hot, humid and dry weather.
Maldives is basically dominated by the monsoons. The islands get rainfall from July to August due to southwest monsoon and from November to March due to northeast monsoons.
Maldives during summer season
So if you are looking for some extra hours of fun in the sun, then you should visit Maldives during the months of December to April, which are dry seasons. This is high time season for the resorts and hotels as they enjoy great demands at these times.
If you want to visit Maldives during the summers, you should book the resort from your hometown through online or phone and then visit Maldives to experience the best time.
Maldives during the winter season
The winters are pleasant with sunny weather and cool ambience. Christmas is the busiest and best time to visit Maldives. You can enjoy land sports like beach volleyball, board games, sauna and table tennis.
However, the time between May and November is also a best time to visit Maldives as the skies remains cloudy, humidity remains high and there are more chances of rainfall.
This is the best time for divers and snorkel-lovers to visit Maldives. As there is increased water clarity and better visibility for divers, so the water sports like jet-skiing, windsurfing, diving and snorkeling can give an amazing experience to all tourists.
Best Luxury Hotels
Best Standard Hotels
Best Budget Hotels
Need More Hotels in Maldives? Click Here
Places To Visit In Maldives
- Alimatha Island
- Manta Point
- Banana Reef
- Utheemu Ganduvaru
- Hukuru Miskiiy (Old Friday Mosque)
- HP Reef
- National Museum
- Bluetribe Moofushi
- Biyadhoo Island Resort
- Sun Island Resort and Spa
Things to see and do in Maldives
- Addu Atoll
- Boat cruise
- Diving and snorkeling
- Fishing trip
- Local crafts
- Maldives Victory Wreck
- Malé’s mosques
- Malé’s National Museum
- Malé’s Fish Market
- Marine biology
- Photo flight
- Shark Thila
- Spa treatments
- Uninhabited islands
- Whale Submarine
- Windsurfing at Lhohifushi and Dhonveli
Attaining Tourist Visa
The free 30 day visa is granted upon fulfilling with the following procedures:
- Visitor should have a valid passport or travel document authorized by a sovereign state.
- Visitor should have a valid return ticket to exit the Maldives.
- Visitor should have the financial capacity to cover the expenses for the duration of the stay or a confirmed reservation from a tourist Hotel or Resort in the Maldives. The financial capacity is measured by US$100 + $50 dollars per day.
The Department of Immigration and Emigration reserves the right to issue a visa for any number of days, not exceeding the 30 day limit. Immigration department reserves the right to deport any person:
- Using the tourist visa to work in the Maldives
- Participates or incites unlawful activities
- Disrupting the political and religious harmony of the country
- Becoming a nuisance to the public
Extending Tourist Visa
The free 30 day visa period can be prolonged for a further 60 days, totalling 90 days including the original free visa period of 30 day.
To extend the Tourist Visa the following procedures should be followed:
- Extension application should be made through the “Visa Extension Application Form” to the Department of Immigration and Emigration, before the expiry of the free 30 days visa.
- Department of Immigration and Emigration will re-evaluate the financial capacity of the applicant.
- A fee of MVR 750 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Rufiyaa) will be levied for visa extension.
Visit the website of the Department of Immigration and Emigration http://www.immigration.gov.mv for detailed information about Tourist Visa and immigration requirements.
Tags: best budget hotels in Maldives, best budget resorts in Maldives, best hotels in Maldives, best luxury hotels in Maldives, best luxury resorts in Maldivesm best, best resorts in Maldives, best standard hotels in Maldives, best standard resorts in Maldives, best time to visit Maldives, hotels in Maldives, how to reach Maldives, resorts in Maldives